We are the premier online marketing and business education platform for jewelry and creative product brands. We’re seeking a Marketing Manager to create, optimize, and manage the production of content across all marketing channels including our blog, email, podcast, social media, and social search channels for the brands. The ideal candidate is results driven, a self-starter, and LOVES social media and digital marketing.
This position is PERFECT for you if…
- You THRIVE working in a fast-paced environment, on a small team, where you wear many hats.
You consider yourself a self-starter, who steps up to do whatever it takes to get the job done on time or early.
- You are a planner – organized and structured in your approach – AND at the same time are ok when you have to pivot quickly if the strategy changes.
- You are goal oriented and enjoy testing, tweaking, and optimizing to see what gets the best result and resonates with our audience.
- You are highly organized and love following projects through to completion.
- You are open to feedback and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You have a unique ability to see the bigger picture for a project and also dial in the little parts and details needed to support the desired outcomes.
- You LOVE learning new things – in fact you are hungry to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry to implement those trends in your role.
- You enjoy connecting with people, nurturing an audience, and providing insights on what resonates to do the best you can do in your job.
- You are available to generally work and respond to messages during the hours of 9am-5pm Mountain time.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You don’t do well in a fast paced environment and prefer to only work on tasks on your job description list.
- You don’t enjoy working from home and it’s hard for you to focus working remotely, in a virtual environment, away from the rest of your co-workers.
- You don’t consider yourself a planner and prefer to fly by the seat of your pants.
- It’s challenging for you to complete projects on time or early. Starting isn’t a problem, it’s just finishing the projects that’s the issue.
- You can only work at nights and weekends or odd hours. The hours are flexible but we will need you to be available to respond during our business hours of 9 am – 5 pm Mountain time.
- You don’t take feedback well in general and don’t enjoy it when someone wants to mentor you in your role. Or the reverse, you only want to be told how to do everything. There is a balance between bringing your innovative ideas to the table and following company best practices, and procedures.
- You aren’t available to do the work yourself (because you are outsourcing the work to someone else).
- You can’t attend video conference calls during regularly scheduled meetings or during our business hours.
- You don’t have a good, strong internet connection.
We’re seeking someone (a human not an agency) who can work 35-40 hours a week. The position will be hired as a contract position for the first 90 days and if both parties feel it’s a fit, we will offer a full-time position with the company.
You have 2-5 years experience in digital marketing and social media (ideally for an online business). You can work from home or wherever 100% of the time although you must be available for meetings, community engagement, and for team communications during the hours of 9 am – 5 pm MST.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and developing a marketing strategy, calendar, and plan across all content and media channels from advertising, SEO blog content, lead magnets, landing pages, social media, podcast, and video content across multiple channels.
- Managing the production of marketing content and overseeing contributor(s) (additional writers, social media associate, and graphic designers) across the multiple platforms and channels to ensure they match brand voice, tone, standards, and style.
- Writing and editing blog posts, landing pages, lead magnets, emails, SEO content, and engaging social media captions in accordance with our marketing objectives.
- Oversee Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy for all branded websites and social search tools to ensure our website is consistently ranking on the first page of google for our competitive keywords.
- Developing creatives and video scripts for advertising channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Leading weekly tracking, on-page optimization, metrics analysis and reporting of inbound traffic for all social media, social search, and organic search to increase engagement, exposure, and growth.
- Testing our assumptions to think beyond the status quo, research and investigate our competitors, identify their competitive edge, collate information to improve our strategy, and align strategic partnerships.
- Researching and implementation of keywords and hashtags
- Increasing overall audience growth and brand awareness through marketing channels.
- Mentoring, overseeing, and training other members of the marketing team to make sure our skills are constantly up to date.
More About You
You love online content marketing and social media. Getting better conversions from your efforts is exciting to you. You’re detail-oriented, results-focused, enjoy learning new ways to market, and consider yourself to be on the cusp of the newest marketing trends.
You enjoy contributing to a team, achieving goals, and conceptualizing new ideas because you’re a creative problem solver and think outside the box. You enjoy strategic planning and taking big picture ideas to a granular level so that you understand how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.
You have a sense of humor, like to have fun while working, and enjoy being a part of a fast-paced company where you may be required to pivot often. The position is a remote, “work from home” role and requires you to be a self-starter, great at time-management, and prioritizing workflow while taking ownership of your projects.
You’ll be working with a mix of content marketing, social media marketing, and email marketing. (And whatever else you see fit to throw into the mix!)
Here are some of the knowledge and skill set required for the role…
- Two to five years experience in digital marketing (ideally in the online education space but not required)
- A+ verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and can do attitude
- A strong understanding of how content creation weaves into the customer journey and buying process
- “Know how” to build brand loyalty with Know-Like-Trust content
- Understanding of the nuances of various social media, marketing, and content platforms including a blog, podcast, Instagram, IG stories, IGTV, Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Groups, Youtube, Pinterest, Manychat, and Email Marketing
- Experience and expertise in launching and managing comprehensive, measurable online marketing campaigns.
- A data-driven approach – you use data to make informed decisions and take pride in recognizing the most important data to test your assumptions.
- A love for creating and scaling systems and turning successful efforts into ongoing, automated systems.
- Experience in content marketing and you love engaging with our customers and audience.
- A passion for researching new tools, learning new things and becoming an expert in their use.
- A knack for outside the box thinking as you’re always trying to improve and optimize beyond the status quo to test and integrate next level strategies.
- Extremely strong implementation skills and love seeing your work through to completion.
- A strong attention to detail and a checklist-driven style to make sure that everything is working smoothly before a campaign goes live.
What’s in it for you…
Every day, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with people and help them achieve their biggest goals. You’ll be focused on the things you truly LOVE to do — creating amazing content that attracts new leads, provides value, and gains exposure for the brand.
We have a virtual team spread around the world who love working together. But the position will require you to be available during our business hours work day during the hours of 9am-5pm MST Monday-Friday. Your job responsibilities will vary week by week making this position exciting.
You’ll have the flexibility to work at home in your pjs or at a local coffee shop. Our goal is to support you in keeping you motivated to do excellent work!
You’ll be challenged to “think outside the box” and grow in your role on a daily basis. We’ll be here to support you on your journey as you continue to evolve. We are business-minded but an environment of FUN and excitement are important to all of us…so let’s do this!
What’s important to us is that there is a strong communication channel, that you are getting your responsibilities completed on time or early.
So whatcha think? Maybe a great fit?? We’d love to know more about you…
Pay Range: Based on experience
How to Apply: Only applications submitted via flourishthriveacademy.com/marketingmanager2021 will be considered