Over 50,000 local and overseas job opportunities will be offered in the 21 online job fairs organized by the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) as part of the observance of Labor Day today.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd said on Friday the number of available jobs reached 52,461 on the eve of the Labor Day celebration.
Bello said 44,724 were local jobs while the rest were overseas placements.
Among the top local vacancies are customer service representatives, production operators, factory workers, police officers, contact tracers, sewers, masons, carpenters and re-barmen.
The leading recruiting industries are business process outsourcing, manufacturing, government, textile and construction.
The participating government agencies are National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), Philippine Regulation Commission, DoLE-NCR (contact tracers), Bureau of Fire Protection and Department of Health-NCR.
Overseas jobs with the biggest demand are nurses, factory workers, mechanics, nursing aides/health care assistants and cleaners.
The top overseas destinations are Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom, Germany and Qatar.
Bello said 613 local employers and 52 overseas placement agencies are taking part in the online fair.
He encouraged jobseekers to take advantage of the online job fair, which offers a wide range of local and overseas vacancies from 567 employers from manufacturing, business process outsourcing, health services, retail and construction industries, among others.
The expanded Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan Job and Business Fair is being mounted by the Bureau of Local Employment, DoLE Regional Offices and the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) virtually to comply with restrictions on mass gatherings.
Jobseekers in Luzon may apply through the following links:
– NCR or Metro Manila (May 1): https://jobquest.ph/
– Cordillera Administrative Region (May 1): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21
– Ilocos Region (May 1 to 2): http://bit.ly/wb-dole1-reg
– Cagayan Valley Region (May 1 to 5): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21
– Central Luzon (May 1): https://www.vantagehunt.com/
– Bataan Province (May 14): – https://hotjobsbataan.com/
– Calabarzon (May 1): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21 tps://forms.gle/DkJLqxRvjkbShVpK7
– Mimaropa (May 1): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21
– Bicol Region (April 30 to May 2): http://bit.ly/wb-dole5-reg.
In the Visayas, applicants may click the following links:
– Western Visayas (May 1): http://www.mynimo.com/dole6applicants
– Central Visayas (May 1): http://www.mynimo.com/dole7applicants
– Eastern Visayas (May 1 to 3): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21.
Jobseekers in Mindanao can visit the following sites:
– Zamboanga Peninsula (May 1): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21
– Northern Mindanao (April 30 to May 1): http://www.mynimo.com/dole10applicants
– Davao Region (May 1): https://facebook.com/DOLERO11
– Soccsksargen (May 1): http://bit.ly/wb-dole12-reg
– Caraga (May 1): jobstreet.com.ph/vcf21.
The 119th Labor Day has the theme, “Mayo Uno sa Bagong Panahon —Manggagawa at Mamamayan: Babangon, Susulong!”
Also on Labor Day, about 200 people will each receive P10,000 cash assistance from the government, according to former House of Representatives speaker Alan Peter Cayetano.
Cayetano said recipients will come from the poor and the vulnerable sectors in 13 cities and provinces under the “Sampung Libong Pag-Asa” initiative.
The beneficiaries are residents of Quezon City, Taguig, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Caloocan, Pateros, Bulacan, Antipolo in Rizal, Cavite, Batangas, Sta. Rosa in Laguna, Camarines Sur and Ormoc in Leyte.
Cayetano said the initiative is part of the lawmakers’ efforts to provide relief to individuals and families affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Among those who will participate in the aid distribution are Taguig City Second District Rep. Ma. Laarni Cayetano, Camarines Sur Second District Rep. Luis Raymund Villafuerte, Batangas Second District Rep. Raneo Abu, Laguna First District Rep. Danilo Fernandez, Bulacan First District Rep. Jose Antonio Sy-Alvarado and Anakalusugan party-list Rep. Michael Defensor.
The lawmakers had repeatedly called on Congress to fast-track the approval of House Bill 8597, the “10K Ayuda Bill,” which is pending at the Committee on Economic Affairs.
The proposed measure seeks to provide each Filipino family with a one-time cash aid of P10,000 or P1,500 per family member, whichever is higher.
A total of 38 beneficiaries from Pasig, Caloocan, Quezon City and Cavite have received assistance through the “Sampung Libong Pag-Asa” program, Cayetano said.
WITH CURRIE CATOR
TRY OUR DIGITAL EDITION
FREE FOR 30 DAYS
ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?